People from all over the world visit the US each year. From New York City to Hollywood, the US is filled with things to see and do. Here are a few fun facts you may not have known about the United States of America!
THE US IS VERY BIG
The United States is approximately 9,833,517 square kilometers in area or 3,794,100 square miles. To help you get a picture of how large the US is, it’s about 40 times bigger than the United Kingdom and about 32.5 times bigger than Italy. Its lower 48 states (all the states except Alaska and Hawai’i) have an area that is slightly larger than the entire Australian continent.
THERE ARE A LOT OF FARMS AND RANCHES (AND COWS)
Throughout the US, there are many farms and ranches producing all kinds of crops and livestock. But one of the most surprising facts is that in several states, there are more cows than there are people! Many of the Western and Midwestern states are sparsely populated with people, but there’s lots of room to raise livestock. There are about 10 million milk cows, and over 80 million cattle raised for other purposes.
THE STATUE OF LIBERTY ISN’T TECHNICALLY IN NEW YORK CITY
The Statue of Liberty might be the most iconic sight in the United States of America! Most people associate it with New York City. After all, it is present in almost every depiction of NYC. It’s true that this huge statue is visible from parts of New York City, but it is actually located across the water in Jersey City, New Jersey. So, not only is it not in NYC, but it’s not even in the state of New York! Even so, it’s quick and easy to visit the statue when you travel to New York City, as it’s only a short ferry ride away.
THE MALL OF AMERICA ISN’T AS AMERICAN AS IT MAY SEEM
The Mall of America is a big tourist attraction. It’s located in Bloomington, Minnesota, and is an enormous mall with hundreds of shops and restaurants in one place. It even has an indoor amusement park! But strangely, this US attraction is actually owned by a Canadian company. It was also planned and designed by this Canadian company.
THE US BOUGHT ONE OF ITS STATES FOR 2 CENTS PER ACRE
In one of the biggest land deals in history, Russia sold Alaska to the US for 7.2 million dollars in 1867. That was a lot of money back in the day, but it’s very cheap for such a huge piece of land! While there are several states with an impressively vast area, Alaska is the largest. It’s over 1.7 million square kilometers (or 663,267 square miles)!
Whether you live in the US, you’re visiting it for the first time, or you’ve been there many times to visit, it doesn’t matter. There’s so much to do and see in the United States, and so many more fun facts about the US to discover!
- CAUAYAN ISLAND RESORT“Laidback Luxury” is the mantra of Cauayan Island Resort, a luxury property located on a fantastic private island off the coast of Palawan, Philippines. Cauayan Island embodies the pristine beauty of its natural surroundings and first-class personalized services. It is the perfect place to experience the merge of Filipino craftsmanship and nature’s design.
- LIHIM RESORT EL NIDOLIHIM Resort is a boutique resort where you can experience the charm of El Nido, surrounded by a vast, untouched forest that forms a natural fortress and the clear waters of Bacuit Bay.
- THE 10 MOST INSTAGRAMMABLE PLACES IN DUBAIAre you unsure where travel influencers take pictures in Dubai? Keep reading for the 10 most Instagrammable places in Dubai.
- MOBILE PRESETS INSTALLATION GUIDEHOW TO INSTALL LIGHTROOM MOBILE PRESETS Welcome to the Lightroom Presets step-by-step installation guide! Just keep in mind that Mobile Presets are compatible with the Lightroom app available on iTunes for iPhones and Google Play for Android. It’s a FREE […]
- 6 LOCAL FOODS TO TRY IN THAILANDThe first time I visited Thailand back in 2015, I was amazed by the rich culture, smiling people, and fantastic food. Curious to know more? Keep reading for the 6 local foods you need to try in Thailand!
⚖️ Lawyer turned into Explorer ✈️ Luxury Travel & Content Creator 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org